The beamline for schools BL4S competition
The Academy for Scientific Research and Technology (ASRT) announces the beginning of the competition for the coaching program for the application to the beamline for schools BL4S competition organized by CERN the European Organization for Nuclear Research in Geneva. The program aims to increase high school student’s awareness and interest in elemental particle physics. Registration for the competition is open to all Egyptian high school students and Children’s University Alumni that are between the age of 16 and 19 on the 1st of September. Registered students will then be invited to undertake a written exam, as well as an oral interview. Successful students will then receive lectures and personalized coaching from a panel of elemental particle physics experts, in their proposal submission. The winning proposal will then compete in the beamline for schools BL4S competition open for students from all around the world.
- Video Tutorial
- BL4S competition info
- Registration link (Click Here)
- Material (University Physics Volume 3 – OpenStax, Fermilab – YouTube, S’cool lab)
The Children’s university would like to announce several online lectures held by the scientific committee for the preparation of the BL4S exam. The lectures will be recorded and uploaded onto the website.
- Professor Ahmed Hamed: Saturday 20th of February at 4 pm (https://youtu.be/Qq8ockIhY2M)
- Associate professor Yasser Assran: Monday 22nd of February at 10 am (https://youtu.be/phtGBVm6rBw)
- Associate professor Ahmed Abdelalim: Tuesday 23rd of February at 4 pm (https://youtu.be/WYbn5x_GvbY)
Dear students your exam will be held at 5 pm on Saturday the 27th of February